Thank you to The Book and Movie Reviewa for nominating my page for the Liebster Award! I love that blog nominations on WordPress come from other users; it makes the site feel like an really welcoming and engaged community, and I feel lucky to be a part of it.
About the Liebster Award
“It’s a blogger-to-blogger award that tells a fellow newbie blogger that they are making the world a more interesting /intellectual /funny /better place. For a lot of us, it comes just when we’re facing that first blogger’s block or wondering if it’s all worth it. For the rest, it’s a shower of accolades. Either way, it’s a great thing. There are no certificates or trophies, but hey, appreciation from a fellow blogger is always valued. It is given to upcoming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.”
- List 11 random facts about myself
- Answer 11 questions set by The Book and Movie Reviewa
- Nominate 11 new bloggers for the award
- Go back to their pages and tell these bloggers about the award
So here goes!
11 Random Facts About Me
Thinking of facts about myself off the top of my head is surprisingly difficult, but I’ll do my best.
- Second-hand bookshopping is the only kind of shopping that I actually find enjoyable.
- London is my favourite city in the UK; I love the history and the atmosphere there.
- I was the tallest in my class when I was 12, but sadly I haven’t grown since.
- I love the smell of horses.
- For a while now I’ve wanted a tattoo but I have no idea what I want the tattoo to look like or where I’d want it to be (I’m incredibly indecisive).
- I love travelling but I always get homesick (and/or jetlagged).
- My most recent reads are The Orphan of Zhao (which I highly recommend) and the first three Harry Potter books.
- I think a sense of silliness is a highly underrated quality.
- My family are the most generous, kind and supportive people in the world.
- I’m hooked on Breaking Bad at the moment, but I’m only on season three, so I’m currently trying to race through the remaining episodes before I stumble across a spoiler.
- I think I prefer nights in, preferably with a book, to nights out.
Answers to The Book and Movie Reviewa’s Questions
- What 3 words would your friends use to describe you? Maybe shy, intelligent, and cheeky.
- Your favourite character from books and movies? Hmm, that’s a tough one! There are lots of characters I enjoying watching and reading about, like Steerpike from Gormenghast; I think Steerpike is probably my favourite villain, and Harry Potter is the fictional character I find most admirable.
- What would you do if no one’s watching? I listen to loud music and dance around like a lunatic (honestly; I really hope no one ever walks in me).
- What in your opinion, is the best subject to blog about? Books are my favourite subject to read blogs about, and I also enjoy discussions of movies and culture in general.
- Name a chocolate you would rather be and why. Does turkish delight count as a chocolate? Because it’s delicious. Either that, or white chocolate.
- What got you to blogging? I knew a few people who had blogs and their writing and site designs were so impressive that they both inspired and intimated me. Eventually, though, I worked up the courage to try blogging for myself.
- Who is favourite author and why? It has to be Mervyn Peake, because Gormenghast castle is a fantastically imaginative and macabre creation.
- What is your favourite guilty pleasure song? This is incredibly embarrassing…I was listening to Miley Cyrus’ new song and critiquing the video, and now the song’s stuck in my head and it turns out I actually really like it!
- What is your idea of a perfect blog? Oh, that’s a tough one! I think a perfect blog is one with original and creative content (much like the Book and Movie Reviewa and all the blogs I’ve nominated here!).
- What are your perfect conditions to blog in? I write by hand before I type up my blogs, so my perfect conditions to write in would be in a quiet room, with rain pattering against the windows, and a cat purring in my lap.
- If you had to choose one blog you love reading the most, which one would it be and why? That’s a difficult one, too! I’m genuinely not sure that I have a favourite blog. I’ve discovered so many amazing writers on this site, and I find new ones almost every day. Oh, I wanted to nominate Her Silent Musings for this award but wasn’t able to because the page has over 200 followers, so this seems like a good place to give a shout out to a brilliantly bookish page!
My nominations for the Liebster Award
I’d like to nominate all of the following pages for this award. I hope you’re all able to participate!
- Find a Girl Who Reads
- Manon Reads Books
- Refined Quotes
- Playing Booky
- Both Paper and Not
- In the Book Stacks
- Questing Through Books
- Red Panda Reads
- Tasseled Book Blog
- The Book Stop
- Book Monkey
And finally, my questions for the blogs I’ve nominated!
- How did you get into blogging?
- What do you hope to be doing ten years from now?
- Do you have a favourite animal?
- Are you superstitious at all?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- Do you have a Bucket List?
- Do you have a favourite author, or a favourite genre of fiction?
- What’s your favourite movie?
- How many languages do you speak? And if you could speak any other language, what would it be?
- Do you consider yourself artistic?
- What was your favourite book as a child?
So, just a quick summary for the blogs I’ve nominated:
- On receiving the Liebster award, you need to post 11 random facts about yourself.
- Choose 11 new bloggers with less than 200 followers to pass the award to and link them in your post.
- Answer the questions that I have set for you. Then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
- Go to their page and tell them about the award.
Thanks again for the nomination, and happy reading! 🙂